What is a CBT-Based Recovery Plan? Why You Need It? And What is RMF?
To understand the importance of a good recovery plan, you need to understand two recovery approaches: Natural and Structured.
The natural approach is the most common. It’s when you go out and face your fears without any plan. Characteristics of natural recovery are:
- Unpredictable and unsystematic
- Brief normally followed with a sense of defeat
- Infrequent and sporadic
- Threat information is exaggerated, and safety information ignored
- Intolerance of anxiety and heightened anxiety control efforts
- Reliance on escape and avoidance
If you’ve ever had anxiety disappear for a while and then unexpectedly return with vengeance, then this is what the natural approach is all about. Life with the natural approach could be compared to a roller coaster ride and the worst part is that you have no idea when it’s going to end. The diagram below shows how life with the natural approach looks like:
The structured approach is less common because it’s more challenging. Characteristics of structured recovery are:
- Predicted, planned, and systematic
- Prolonged duration leading to a sense of victory
- Frequent and repeated
- Threat information evaluated, and safety information is processed
- Increased tolerance for anxiety and reduced control efforts
- Elimination of escape and avoidance
The most important feature of the structured approach is that it gives you skills to gradually stop fearing anxiety. It also shows you mental and behavioral patterns with which anxiety keeps you trapped. Once you know the patterns, you can start tracking your progress and gain control over your recovery. The diagram below shows how life with structured exposure looks like:
So why do you need a recovery plan? To give you a roadmap to recovery, so you can avoid making or repeating the same mistakes.
This CBT-based recovery plan is for you if you’re tired of living through ups and downs of anxiety and want to know what it takes to be in charge of your recovery.
Keep in mind that I’m not going to be able to do the hard work for you. But I’ll be there to support you along the way in the closed Recovery Mindset Forum, where you will enjoy the following benefits:
- 50% off to all 1-on-1 sessions with Komron –
- Elaborate and actionable response to all of your recovery or anxiety-related questions;
- Access to all the updates of the CBT-Based Recovery Plan;
- Direct access to like-minded people.
If you’re ready to start your journey in a structured way, then click Join below.
I’ll try to keep prices reasonable but they might go up soon, so by joining now, you’re guaranteed to pay the same price for life.
To give you a sneak peek into the recovery plan, below is the first lecture absolutely free of charge:
Don’t wait for the next setback to take action.
To your recovery,